David J. Davidson, Esq.
Attorney, Florida Healthcare Law Firm
Dave Davidson is a Florida Board Certified specialist in Health Law with nearly 30 years of concentrated experience assisting health care professionals and businesses, such as:
• Physicians, chiropractors, dentists, and podiatrists;
• Physician assistants and Advance Registered Nurse Practitioners;
• Physician group practices;
• Surgery and imaging centers;
• Health care business management entities;
• Durable medical equipment providers; and,
• Home health agencies and hospices.
After several years in Orlando practicing with a law firm, Dave became the first in-house counsel at a large hospital/health care system, where he served for 22 years. As General Counsel, Dave was responsible for all legal matters involving the system's hospitals and affiliate companies, and developed a deep understanding of a provider’s perspective in negotiating the complexities of health care law. Dave has been involved in numerous health care transactions, and has particular experience in:
• Contracts, i.e. leases, managed care arrangements, term sheets;
• Organizational documents for medical practices;
• Hospital/medical staff disputes;
• Medical staff bylaws creation and review;
• Serving as issuer's counsel in health care financing transactions;
• Analyzing the applicability of the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and other state and federal fraud and abuse laws, rules, and regulations to proposed transactions;
• Health care risk management issues;
• Professional liability issues; and,
• Patient care issue resolution.
Dave received both his Bachelor of Arts degree and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida.